Make a joyful noise

Make a joyful noise
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Method #10

My first experience with Video conferencing was one of my class was a video conference with 4 sites back in 2003. I happen to be on the main campus so had the instructor in my class. Most times the class started late or ended early since there was a problem with the connection. That was 2003 now I can skye with my daughter for hours and I know that my school would have solved all the connection problems. One thing I remember from that experience however was the instructor paid a visit to the sites and when she came back she talked about how excited the students were to see her in person. So with all the technology nothing can take the place of the human. There is still the need for human interaction.
Technology may save cost, time and travel but it will never make up for physical presence.
Some of the frustration involved in instant messaging can be solved with skype.

No comments:

Post a Comment