Make a joyful noise

Make a joyful noise
Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 29, 2011

Method #12

There is nothing wrong with updating and learning new things and that is why even though I struggled (understatement of the year) to complete this program I am happy that I did. Being in the library requires that sometimes you have really unusual questions and even if I never get to show a student how to use these things I'll never regret it.
My favorite for this course was the social cataloging I fell in with with what other have done by way of reviewing all the books that makes it so easy for one to select.
with time I hope the libraries can move to skype and other conferencing devices that will make for more interaction with patrons. Reference librarians are better able to serve patrons if they can understand their questions.
Screencasting will answer some of these questions. My only problem is that anytime I have gone to youtube to view videos on libraries the stats are abysmal and I have a feeling that may be only librarians view them, there are hardly any comments.
The good thing is there are a lot of free software available for libraries to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment