Make a joyful noise

Make a joyful noise
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

method 10

I never understood how Wikis worked until I did this exercise and I must admit that it is a very wonderful tool for collaboration. It sure serves as a very easy way to communicate and to bring ideas together. Being able to update information that would otherwise have to wait for a meeting gives freedom to all.
All the talk about Wikipedia being update sounded to me like how is this possible. It is possible that its success is due in part to the fact that everyone is able to chip in and make the essays rich. Librarians may be able to duplicate this type of encyclopedia in libraries but would patrons make use of it. It comes back to my earlier comment on the social networking where there seem to be little or no comment from users on the posts made. In this instance is there evidence that libraries that have Wikis get useful updates from the users? I did not see much of it .

No comments:

Post a Comment