Make a joyful noise

Make a joyful noise
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Method 5



Flickcr sounds exciting but for libraries I don't see how advantageous this is with all the privacy rules. Something jumps to mind however about a discussion we had about creating a virtual library tour. We have pictures of the library all ready to go but we have to wait on the webmaster to put this together. Flickr might just be a way out . People are familiar with it and with proper tags others might even run into it thus creating more exposure for the library.

Sometimes there just might be one little thing that you are not getting and I am yet to figure it out
I have clicked on the icon for photos and think I have successfully uploaded my picture. Unfortunately it is not on the page but here is the link
http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif
I have had fun doing the second part of this assignment just seeing what one can do with their pictures and no longer having to look for storage space or even paying to print these pictures.
As I worked on this assignment I found out one of the uses the library can make of this feature. One of my colleagues wanted some pictures for her Libguides so I took those pictures as well and now she can go to Flickr and use them. That at least tells me that with time there would be enough uses for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment