Make a joyful noise

Make a joyful noise
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Method 7

Tagging makes indexing looks so old. It is really an easy way to do subject headings since even everyday language can be used to tag. My personal experience with tagging was on Facebook when I wondered how some of the pictures had names and others didn't. Well in order not to show my ignorance I never had to ask anyone. This lesson has been my way of discovering that simple process. One of the first things I did was to go to Facebook and using the tags I found all the pictures that my family and friends had of me on Facebook and I thought this is waaay cool.
Web 2.0 is the commonly used tag in the Continuing Education and Consulting Staff’s Delicious page. guess that is pretty much obvious. I am yet to figure out what the numbers actually mean. With this tool library materials can be accessed easily and that is what libraries aim to do. The strict vocabulary of the past where individuals had to figure out what subject terms to use was even difficult for librarians. As of now I think tagging in the web 2.0 application is a real library tool.
Its ease is underscored by its currency. What I mean is that even though it is so easy to use the fact that it can be current without waiting for revisions makes it even better. I actually saw that the Red Cross and Haiti have been added to the tags so people can search for relief efforts.
Way to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment